I worked closely with the EDF seafood team in a discovery project to design a responsive website for their online Seafood Selector. Project managed by the talented Betsy Ensley, ThinkShout's Director of Professional Services, we succesfully delivered sitemap, wireframes, style tiles and site design for the EDF team to code and theme the new site.
For research purposes, I interviewed the stakeholders to ascertain the information that EDF wanted to share with users. They also wanted to differentiate their seafood selectors from other online selectors. EDF's rating system informs users which are the best, average and worst for the environment based on fishing practices AND for the users' health based on mercury levels and other factors. For this reason, I designed a way for users to find seafood quickly based on best, ok and worst choices. I also create a quick method for the user to find the exact fish for which they are looking.
New Tactics came to ThinkShout to redesign their current site and also incorporate Arabic langauge into the site. I led the discovery process working closely with the client.
The client needed the site to be responsive and in both English and Arabic. I created a sitemap, wireframes, a user experience map, and completed user experience research including surveys and interviews.
I also designed the style tiles and the site design.
I presented at Drupalcon Portland in May 2013 on this project. View presentation »
The Giving Forum needed multiple designs and layouts for a multisite install. The organization created a multisite install so that any of their stakeholders could create a website using one of the layouts. I designed the following layouts for 3 of the stakeholders.
I worked with the Williamette River Initiative during a discovery phase to develop project specifications and needs. I co-led an in-person discovery meeting with stakeholders - the WRI staff and the projects who receive funding from WRI. We did card sorting activities to define site objectives, personas, user motivations and key features.
I worked closely with the stakeholders to define the sitemap, create wireframes and project managed the development of the site.
I developed a responsive site theme on limited budget.
I worked with the Estuary Partnership and co-led an in-person discovery meeting with the stakeholders. We did card sorting activities to define site objectives, personas, user motivations and key features.
I worked closely with the stakeholders to define the sitemap and create wireframes.
I also designed the site. This site is responsive.
I created user interface elements for data heavy sites. Lots of Tables, lots of forms with fields.
I came up with the artistic concept for the splash page for DrupalCon 2013 with a quick whiteboard sketch in a brainstorm session with Chris Bloom of SuperStar Media. Joey Groh, also from Superstar, took the inital concept and created the design. Chris and I pair programmed the site using Twitter Bootstrap and some fun Scrolling JS libraries to create animations during scrolling. The bridge went up, the cyclists rode by. Lev Tsypin of ThinkShout used Leaflet to create the map. The site is no longer live but it looked great on Mobile, Tablet and Desktop.
Blue Water Baltimore needed a mapping site to show monitoring data for bacteria between the months of April and November each year from the Middle Branch and Northwest Branch ("Baltimore Harbor") of the tidal Patapsco River.
I designed the site and created theme and user interface.
The E-Mediat Project is a technology training program that teaches NGOs in the Middle East how to use digital technology to share their story, build membership and connect to community around the world.
The program is managed by by the Institute of International Education (IIE) and I worked closely with them to design and develop a multilingual Arabic, French and English website for Trainers and Trainees to share resources.
As the project manager and designer on the project, I traveled to Beirut, Lebanon in February 2011 to participate in the Train the Trainers workshop. While there, I met and befriended the main stakeholders for which we were building the site. I gained incredible insight on how to design a multilingual site and was able to understand their workflow and design for that.